Monday 28 February 2011

Game Review: Super Tux Kart

First up in this blog, I'll be reviewing Super Tux Kart, a free racing simulator thats available to many Linux distros, not just Ubuntu.

The game in the Ubuntu repositories is version 0.6.2 which isn't the latest, so I recommend you download 0.7 at http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/ before you play.

Update: As of 2nd of March, v0.7 is available in the GetDeb repositories.



Graphics:
I like my games to be visually appealing, so the graphics are a big part for me. I tried this game on an integrated graphics chipset and on an ATI Radeon 4550: absolutely no different, yet great 3D graphics! It will run well on what ever video card you have so you won't be disappointed.
9/10

Gameplay:
The gameplay is generally smooth but the controls can take sometime to respond, so you'll be off the track the first few times you play. After you get used to it and change the settings to your liking however, it is on par with mainstream racing games.
7/10

Overall:
With great graphics and sound gameplay this is a must have for the casual gamer: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. If I may say controler's make this game so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What controller do you use? At some point I'll be making a list of Ubuntu compatible hardware, so I will add this ti it.

    ReplyDelete